December 6, 2010

december reflections: stepping out





both of these images were taken back in january, though they just as easily could have been taken today. they mark a time when I was just beginning to step out of a dark place of physical pain and begin the healing process, using the camera as my vehicle in the journey. the ground looks the same outside and the downward view on my rug looks just the same but the internal horizon has expanded since those days and for that I am so grateful.

i have decided to spend the rest of december here reflecting on this past year, bringing forth images taken throughout the year, maybe with thoughts posted, maybe not. I am disheartened by the frenetic pace of the material world and its dischord with the stillness of the natural world at this time of year. I am hoping that some time of reflection and sifting through the memories accumulated from this past year will draw me closer to the true spirit of the season.

1 comment:

  1. Incienso, from ArgentinaJanuary 17, 2011 at 7:40 PM

    I celebrate the expansion of your internal horizon since there is such revelry and grace within you waiting to see the sun! Welcome to the reflection and sifting but I look forward to spring as well and continue to enjoy your blossoms!

    ReplyDelete